Sunday, June 7, 2009

Damn. :(

So I decided to watch the news tonight and the story about the 41 babies/toddlers killed in a daycare fire down in Mexico really hit me. I don't like watching the news because every time I do, its like it instills a little bit of fear in me, some worry, just a little bit of every unpleasant feeling there is! Why would you want to start your day off with hearing about the twin towers being demolished by planes or babies being found in dumpsters. Falling asleep to hearing about kids being kidnapped, shootings at schools. Fuck, enough to give you nightmares!

Even though I'm a mom that clearly has fears about what kind of things can happen to her kids, I'd rather avoid it by not watching the news, to confirm those fears! Don't get me wrong, we still live a grand life by living, but there's definitely nothing wrong with being overly cautious, or over protective!

As for me, I think educating your kids to be aware of the things that could happen is your best bet. Helping them understand that we set rules to be followed because there are "crazies" out there. Rules aren't there to make there lives hell, but to prevent any bad things from happening. We can only hope they follow them.

My heart goes out to anyone that was affected by the tragedy. Here's the link to the full article on ABC if you're interested. Reading it hurt my heart, I can only imagine what those parents are going through right now. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=7775102

O God, whose beloved Son did take little children into his arms and bless them: Give us grace, we beseech thee, to entrust these children to thy never-failing care and love, and bring us all to thy heavenly kingdom; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

0 comments: