Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lei maker.

So those of you that know me, know that I learn fast and just heart doing anything crafty/artsy. For papa's memorial (CELEBRATION OF LIFE) we had to make lei's, I really didn't think I was going to do it, but instead of being scared like (you know I tend to be sometimes). I had the "can't hurt to try" attitude.

In the past, I missed out on a lot of things, because I was too scared to try out or not get picked for this or that. But as I got older, I've learned to just do things, because you can't come to your own conclusions that are normally driven by fear, but to just do it, to know you did it!! If you're good at it great, if not, then even better! but hey, at least you get to say you've tried it before. Kind of like food, you won't know what it tastes like until you stuff it in your mouth and let your taste buds decide for themselves.

Well...I was assigned to the lei committee, and after de-boning all the tea leaves and ironing them, it was time to make some.



yup, Filipino toe lock is the only way to go! :)


by the end, I was the last one standing! I made most of the leis and had a fun time doing it!! Maybe I should do this on the side, graduations are coming up!! hahahaha


I also conquered another fear, singing in public, yup, sang at the Memorial "The Prayer"-by Ho'okena. Now I can't seem to stop. So who cares if I hid behind a bouquet of flowers and talked Morella into singing with me? at least I did it!
And who knows, I may be able to do it alone next time!

0 comments: