Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not a day goes by...

That I don't think about my grandparents, Purita & Guillermo Guzman, you are missed every single day.! I really envy people who still have their grandparents around now,consider yourselves lucky and incredibly blessed! I lost my grandma at the age of 6 to a stroke and my Grandpa at the age of 16. He had a stroke as well a few years prior and ended up paralyzed on his entire left side. I was there with him everyday of his recovery as he fought to walk again. He never fully recovered and passed away while he was in the Philippines after viewing my performance on live tv at the Macys's Thanksgiving day parade! That was a tough loss for me, since I was so close to my grandpa. But I thank them both everyday for the huge family that surrounds me today. They had 12 kids,could you even imagine?! I won't even get into how many grandchildren and great grandchildren came from that "dirty doezen". I'm just grateful we all remain extremely close, no matter how much drama or craziness that seems to follow us at all times, "Guzmans make the world go round". And if only I could afford it, I would go for 12 too!! :) love you guys!! Until we meet again...

0 comments: